Note that these conditions were for 2019 and may change slightly for 2020.
The Exhibition is open to artists, craft persons and photographers over 18 years of age living within 30 miles of Church Stretton. Exceptions to this rule will be by invitation only.
Entering your work indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to these conditions of entry
- Three 2D framed or box canvas – drawing/painting/print (linocut/block print/giclée)
- Five 2D browsers – mounted unframed work
- Six 3D/Crafts – ceramics/sculpture/textiles/wood/glass/metal. This number includes framed and unframed textile work.
- Four framed photographs – canvas/block mounts
- Four photograph browsers – mounted unframed work
- Thirty cards – please see additional notes for pricing and packaging instructions. At least one entry must be submitted into the Exhibition to be able to sell cards.
We no longer accept entries of books.
We hope to display all works submitted but if space is limited some items may have to be held in reserve.
This decision will be made on receiving day after all the entries have arrived. If you have concerns about the size of your submissions, please contact the organisers beforehand.
- All works to be hung and 3D Craft work must bear a secure, stick-on label positioned on the reverse of framed work or securely fastened to 3D Craft work. Labels must include the following information:
1)Name and address of entrant
2)Title of work
3)Price (in whole pounds please) or NFS (Not for Sale)
- All works for hanging must be securely strung from 2 points one third down the frame. For the comfort of our hanging team please do not use wire. Box frames are acceptable but not clip frames or mirror plates as they are not compatible with our hanging hooks. If work does not meet these framing criteria it cannot be displayed.
- Unframed work, including textile work, can be mounted and protected in plastic sleeves or strong plastic film (not cling-film) if you wish to. A label showing the name of the artist, the title and the price must be stuck firmly to the reverse of the sleeve.
- Wall hangings and quilts must have hanging aids attached: e.g. loops.
- Each artist may submit up to thirty cards for sale, as long as they have submitted at least one exhibit.
Please supply your cards in one set of twenty and one set of ten. If the number of cards received exceeds our space capacity, the first set of twenty will be displayed immediately with the second set of ten kept in reserve until the second week when they will be used to replace sold items. Artists must not replenish stocks themselves.
- All greetings cards must have envelopes and be in a sealed plastic presentation bag. Each individual card must have a label on the back with the artist’s name and the price of the card. Cards which are not correctly packaged will not be offered for sale. It would help in the recording of card sales if you could have standard prices: small cards at one price; larger ones at another price.
- All entries cost £1.00 per exhibit. Please price your entries in whole pounds. There is no charge for entering cards.
- A commission of 20% will be charged on all sales.
- If possible, we would prefer to use an email address for any contact we need to make.
- Exhibitors are required to steward for a minimum of three slots during the course of the Exhibition. These can be done as a block or spread out individually over the event. If this causes serious difficulty, please contact us.
- Works shown in previous Church Stretton Festival Exhibitions are not eligible for re-submission.
- Only two works in each category may be designated Not for Sale (NFS).
- Triptych’s will be charged as 1 entry if they are being sold together. Please advise us of their total size on entry.
- Exhibitors should arrange insurance for their work if required. We will make every effort to protect your work, but the Exhibition cannot accept responsibility for any which may be stolen, damaged or lost.
- Photographic entries must be based on a photographically produced image. Work created entirely within a computer must be entered in the 2D art section.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant, who will retain copyright of the work.
- Copies in any form of original or reproduced work of other artists will not be accepted.
- Photocopies of work will not be accepted.
- Artwork, crafts and cards developed from pre-printed designs, kits, and readymade components or from mass produced patterns will not be acceptable.
- The Exhibition committee reserves the right to exclude work that is deemed to be unsuitable in an exhibition of this nature.
- Entries open on Monday 13th April and close on Tuesday 30th June
- Saturday 25th July from 10 am to 12 noon: receiving time for all exhibits
- Monday 27th July: opening reception at 7.30pm. £3 to include refreshments and return entry
- Tuesday 28th July to Saturday 8th August: Exhibition opens 11am – 6pm. We will remain open until 7.15pm when there is an evening performance at the school, with the exception of Saturday 8th when we will close at 6pm.
- Sunday 9th August from 10 am to 12 noon: collection time for both purchased items and unsold works
- The organisers cannot be responsible for work which is not collected at the stated time.
For convenience, we have included the section of our Privacy Statement applicable to Exhibitors, here:
We collect various Personal Data (e.g. Name, Address etc) from you when you register to exhibit artwork in the Exhibition. Below, we outline why we need the data, what we do with it and what your rights are.
The Data Controller is Church Stretton Arts Festival and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and legal basis of processing your Personal Data:
- We process your data so that we can arrange to display your artwork in the Exhibition. We treat the legal basis for processing your data as ‘Contractual’, as you are asking us to display your artwork, and we will arrange to do so. The personal contact data which we ask of you is necessary for us to carry out this arrangement.
- We also offer to add you to our Exhibition Newsletter Mailing List; if you agree to this, the legal basis for processing your email address for this purpose is ‘Consent’. You can withdraw this consent at any time by unsubscribing from the list (which you can do directly with MailChimp using the link on every emailed Newsletter). If you do this, your email address will be removed from the list and you will not receive any further Newsletters.
- Online Registration: If you pay your entry fees online (through the Artist App), personal data associated with that transaction are collected and stored directly by Sagepay/Worldpay or PayPal (which are our payment gateways); these agencies have their own privacy statements applicable to such transactions.
Recipients of your Personal Data:
- We use Sagepay/Worldpay and PayPal as payment gateways for Exhibition Artwork Entry Fees; these agencies have their own privacy statements applicable to such transactions.
- We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as we are obliged to in order to fulfil our agreement and any legal obligations.
- Right to Request Personal Data: You have the right to request access to your Personal Data held by us; request correction to that Data; request removal of that Data; object to processing of that Data. Please use the Contact Details above to get in touch if you need to.
- Right to Complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if you believe your Data have been mis-used in some way.
- If you have any questions regarding our handling of your Personal Data, please contact us using the Data Controller Contact Details above.