Just a few notes about Weather, Refunds and of course Covid…
We are delighted to present three outdoor events as the major feature of the 2021 Arts Festival along with a number of indoor Coffee Concerts and Organ Recitals.
This is the first year the Festival has offered outdoor events. Like everyone, we are at the mercy of the weather. Nevertheless, it is our intention to offer all three events in full. As you book, do bear in mind the potential impact of the weather and the possibility of continuing restrictions as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
We recommend you come prepared for the climatic conditions. Our performers will also be prepared. It may prove necessary due to advice or to avoid unsafe conditions to cancel an event either ahead of time or on the day. Our policy should this arise this is set out below.
We also recommend that you check the Festival website as to any cancellation especially if you are travelling some distance.
Please read our other terms and conditions at the end of this page, in addition to the following notes:
Performances will continue regardless of the weather except in extreme adverse weather conditions. Cancellation or curtailment will be agreed jointly by the Festival organisers and the performers.
The Festival organisers have to abide by the law and prevailing authority guidance/advice at the time. This may lead to cancellation or reduced numbers who can attend.
Cancellation could arise due to circumstances beyond the control of the Festival organisers or the performers – for example, acts of God, power failure.
Where a cancellation in total arises (ahead of time or on the day), the ticket purchase price will be refunded in full. If cancellation occurs after a substantive part of an event has been performed a refund will not usually be made.
Church Stretton & South Shropshire Arts Festival (“The Festival” or “We”) – Terms and Conditions for the sale of tickets (2021)
- Ticket purchases may be restricted to a maximum number.
- A ticket must be purchased for any child over the age of three.
- Where a concession is claimed, proof of identity and concession entitlement may be required.
- Please check your tickets upon purchase/receipt, as it may not be possible to rectify any mistakes later.
- Should you be unable to attend an event, you can return the ticket(s) to us. We will only refund the purchase price if we are able to re-sell the tickets when the event is otherwise sold out.
Admission and general requirements
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to a customer or request anyone in the audience to leave the performance in the event of unreasonable behaviour. No refunds will be given in such circumstances.
- Babies are welcome on the understanding that parents/guardians are prepared to leave the performance if the baby becomes unsettled and disturbs the audience.
- Latecomers will not be admitted until any interval or until a suitable break in the performance.
- We recommend that children are accompanied by an adult. We will admit children aged 16 and over unaccompanied. Unaccompanied children attending any performances are not the responsibility of the Festival. Parents/guardians leave children at an event at their own risk.
- Use of photographic, video or sound recording during an event is forbidden.
- Mobile phones must be switched off or set to silent during the event.
- By attending an event, ticket holders consent to any filming and sound recording of themselves as members of the audience. We may use such films and recordings without further permission and without payment.
- Smoking is not permitted during any performance or on-site for any locations used for the Festival, unless advised of a designated approved smoking area.
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel events without notice.
- We will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of event alterations or cancellations (other than ticket refunds where applicable).